Terms & Conditions
The Leicestershire Textiles Hub (“LTH”) is a website that aims to promote Leicester and Leicestershire based fashion and textiles manufacturers, small brands and wholesaler’s capabilities, providing information and learning resource for manufacturers, buyers and individuals that want to find out more about the textiles sector in Leicester and Leicestershire. The website is maintained and managed by the Economic Regeneration Team at Leicester City Council. This platform is intended to:
- Provide information about Leicester and Leicestershire’s textiles sector
- Create an online presence for manufacturers and brands
- Develop the supply chain and link buyers with manufacturers
- Improve the image of the sector
- Profile the support available to businesses
- Link to recruitment opportunities including apprenticeships, traineeships and work experience
- Link to relevant courses and details of local education and training providers
The website redevelopment is funded by the European Regional Development Fund and partner organisations under the Collaborate Project.
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use the LTH website.
Definitions and Interpretations:
In this document the following terms shall have the following meanings:
|“Amendments”||Means amendments to the Website User’s listed page on the Website|
|“Editor”||Means staff managing the Website, employed by Leicester City Council and/or staff of our approved supplier for website maintenance|
|“Enquiries”||Means any form of contact/communication with the listed business/es by LTH user/s and LTH Staff|
|“Listing”||Means a directory listing posted on the Website by a Website User which shall provide details of that Website User’s business including, but not limited to, contact details|
|“Logging-in”, “log-in”||Means credential such as user name and password provided either at the time of registering your business for listings, and/or credential that were provided as and when requested|
|“LTH”||Means the Leicestershire Textiles Hub|
|“Material”||Means any form of resources and data such as, text, photos, videos, presentations, animations, etc.|
|“Registered Business”, “Registered Businesses”||Means any business which features in a Listing|
|“We”, “Us”, “Our”||Please see page 4 to see the full list of partners.|
|“Website”||Means the website at https://www.leicestershiretextileshub.co.uk/ and any sub-domains of this site|
|“You”, “Your”, “User”, “Users”, “Website User”|
Means anyone using, registering, listing or visiting our Leicestershire
Textiles Hub website.
Terms and Conditions for listings:
- All new listings and subsequent amendments will be reviewed by the LTH editor before the listing goes live on the Website to ensure the LTH can carry out initial eligibility checks. The examples of such checks includes; listed business currently operates from Leicester/Leicestershire, the business services falls within the fashion and textiles sector, the appropriateness of filter categories, hyperlinks provided are working, and proof-reading content for spelling and grammatical errors, etc.
- Your obligations:
- To update the Listing should any information change. This is done by logging-in and editing your listing page. If you are no longer trading or do not wish to remain listed on the Leicestershire Textiles Hub, you must inform the LTH immediately in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- To ensure your business complies fully with all legal requirements for a legal business operation including but not limited to; Employment Laws, Health & Safety Laws, Modern Slavery Act, etc.
- To respond to any direct enquiries that you may receive from the Website Users, buyers, LTH team members etc. within 7 working days. Such enquires may be sent via a contact form, email and/or telephone call. This is to ensure the listed businesses provide excellent customer care services to clients visiting the Website.
- To ensure your log-in details, password and/or any other piece of information that is part of our log-in security procedures are not shared with anyone else. You must notify the LTH immediately if your log-in details and/or passwords is used without your permission. The LTH has the right to disable any log-in-details or password at any time if in the reasonable opinion the Website User fails to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
- Any content you upload to the Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain the ownership rights of the content and granting the LTH a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties.
- The LTH has the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to the Website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
- By listing your business, you understand that the detail you have provided, including the contact details will be in the public domain and that you may be contacted by individuals and/or companies trying to sell their products/services. The LTH assumes no responsibility whatsoever for this.
- The LTH do not approve or endorse any manufacturers, buyers, retailers, brands, etc. that may approach the you with their sourcing requirement, it would be your responsibility to ensure you have carried out the necessary company checks, in accordance with your company policies and procedures. The LTH accepts no liabilities for any loss or damages as a result of direct or indirect introductions to incoming enquiries.
- You agree that whenever it is deemed necessary, the LTH editor reserves the right to reject, amend and/or delete your listing without any prior notification
- The LTH will not be liable for any damages arising out of the use, inability to use, or results of use of the Website, any web sites linked to this site or any material or information contained on this site.
Here are our Terms and Conditions for Website users:
- The LTH do not guarantee that the Website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. The LTH may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of the Website for business and operational reasons.
- The LTH excludes all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to the Website or any content on it.
- The LTH will not be liable to the Website User for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, the Website; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on the Website.
- In particular, the LTH will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- The LTH assumes no responsibility for the contents of any other websites to which the Website has links.
- The Website User’s use of the Website signifies your consent to the collection, processing and use of personal information by us for the purpose of administering and dealing with your request. In some cases, the LTH would also need to pass on any personal information such as contact detail and/or enquiry to third party/ies including listed businesses that may be able to assist you with your enquiry. Such circumstances include but not limited to receiving any direct/indirect production enquiries that we need to pass on to relevant manufacturers.
- The Website User must not use the Website:
- For any unlawful activities/purposes
- To harm threaten, abuse or harass another person/businesses, or in a way that invades someone’s privacy or is (in our reasonable opinion) offensive or is unacceptable or damaging to us
- As a source of contact data for any kind of marketing activity/purposes
- The LTH is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- The Website User may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the Website for personal use.
- The Website User must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials they have printed off or downloaded in any way, and they must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- The LTH status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on the Website must always be acknowledged.
- Although the LTH make reasonable efforts to update the information on the Website, the LTH makes no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on the Website is accurate, complete or up to date.
- Where the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by the LTH of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
- The LTH has no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
- If you provide any material to the LTH by any means of communications; including photograph, video, articles, etc. you agree to grant the LTH permission, irrevocably and free of charge, to use your material in any way the LTH want on the Website and/or publications.
- When sourcing goods/services using the LTH website, the Website User is responsible:
- To ensure they are satisfied with the exact type and nature of goods or services being offered by any listed businesses they search for, using the Search Manufacturers and/or Search Brands Database. It is advisable the Website User checks the compliance to various standards of the listed businesses offering the goods or services. The LTH are not an agent for and do not endorse or give guarantees for listed businesses or their goods and services;
- To ensure the listed businesses that you may deal with complies with all legal requirements including but not limited to; Employment Laws, Health & Safety Laws, Modern Slavery Act, etc.
- To ensure, non-compliance issues are reported directly to relevant organisation including but not limited to HMRC, ACAS, GLAA, etc.
- The Website User acknowledges that the LTH is an initiative with good intentions to improve supply chain development and keen to improve the sector’s performance in Leicestershire. The services are delivered with limited resources and therefore the Website User will only contact us, using the link ‘contact us’ on the Website. This should only be done when you have tried all searches available within the Website and unable to identify a possible solution that meets the Website Users requirement. The LTH does not guarantee that the Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- The Website User is responsible for configuring their information technology, computer programmes and platform to access the Website. The Website User should use their own virus protection software.
- The Website User must not misuse the Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. The Website User must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website. The Website User must not attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, the Website User would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. The LTH will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Website will cease immediately.
- The Website User warrants that any such contribution does comply with these terms and conditions, and the Website User will be liable to the LTH and indemnify the LTH for any breach of that warranty. This means the Website User will be responsible for any loss or damage the LTH suffer as a result of the Website Users breach of warranty.
List of Partners:
Collaborate is a project funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and partner organisations. Here is the list of partners that we closely work with:
- Leicester City Council
- Leicestershire County Council
- Food & Drink Forum
- East Midlands Chamber
The LTH also work closely with other partners for providing the sider support to sector growth, including:
- Leicester & Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership (LLEP)
- LLEP Bizgateway
- LCB Depot